You're probably wondering about the title...my daughter Isabella loves to clean-she comes by it honestly. I am a shameless clean freak. One morning I was working away in the kitchen while she had the mop I'd left out overnight to dry. And I look over to check on her and my then-7-month-old son, and say the five words I never thought I'd say as a parent, "Isabella, don't mop your brother!" He didn't mind, and she just wanted to make sure he was sparkly. So welcome to my world!



Tuesday, October 4, 2011

September/October Goals

September Goals:

1. Read Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver. So close to finishing!

2. Read All That Is Bitter and Sweet by Ashley Judd. I had to return this before I got to finish it, but I read “Left Neglected” and it was great!

3. Memorize Matthew 24:35, Romans 8:38-39, and Romans 12:1-2.

4. Bake/cook: lemon-blueberry cookies, apple bread, sweet potato biscuits, and dinner rolls. The cookies were amazing, the apple bread was a definite keeper recipe, the sweet potato biscuits are…different, and the dinner rolls flopped as far as being light and fluffy, but they tasted good.

5. Write at least one item in my 1,000 things journal each night.

6. Have daily devotion time at least 5 days a week.

7. Take the kids outside (barring rain) at least 5 days a week. We managed 2, maybe 3 on a good week.

8. Drink 1 glass of water at each meal and another during quiet time.

9. Do one family event every weekend (Joshua’s “weekends” are for three days every six days).

And here’s where October goals come into play.

1. Finish Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World.

2. Read The Quest for Character by John MacArthur.

3. Read one non-biblical book (haven’t narrowed it down yet).

4. Do school with Isabella at least three days a week.

5. Memorize I Corinthians 10:13, 15:57-58, II Corinthians 5:17, 10:5 and 12:9.

6. Make lasagna soup, pound cake, crispy southwest chicken wraps, and glazed cinnamon scones.

7. Write four encouraging cards to friends and family.

8. Take the kids outside at least three days a week.

And that’s it. I’ll still write in my journal, do my devotions, drink my water and do family events, but these are the new goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment