You're probably wondering about the title...my daughter Isabella loves to clean-she comes by it honestly. I am a shameless clean freak. One morning I was working away in the kitchen while she had the mop I'd left out overnight to dry. And I look over to check on her and my then-7-month-old son, and say the five words I never thought I'd say as a parent, "Isabella, don't mop your brother!" He didn't mind, and she just wanted to make sure he was sparkly. So welcome to my world!



Friday, November 11, 2011

November Goals

Oops. Practically half-way through the month. Oh well, such is life. Let’s recap October’s goals first to see how I did.

And here’s where October goals come into play.

1. Finish Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World.

2. Read The Quest for Character by John MacArthur. I just couldn’t get into this, so I decided to skip it.

3. Read one non-biblical book (haven’t narrowed it down yet). Organized Simplicity.

4. Do school with Isabella at least three days a week. I began a new curriculum with her, and we have school four days a week.

5. Memorize I Corinthians 10:13, 15:57-58, II Corinthians 5:17, 10:5 and 12:9.

6. Make lasagna soup, pound cake, crispy southwest chicken wraps, and glazed cinnamon scones. The lasagna soup was yummy, the pound cake was so-so, the chicken wraps are a new favorite!

7. Write four encouraging cards to friends and family.

8. Take the kids outside at least three days a week.

November Goals:

1. Start reading A Woman After God’s Own Heart by Elizabeth George.

2. Read One For the Money by Janet Evanovich.

3. Memorize: II Corinthians 10:5, Galatians 1:10, and Galatians 5:22-23.

4. Make: No-bake energy bites and chocolate banana bread (we’ll be in Missouri for almost two weeks for Thanksgiving).

5. Finish Christmas shopping/making gifts.

6. “Zone clean” my kitchen and Ryan’s room.

No comments:

Post a Comment