You're probably wondering about the title...my daughter Isabella loves to clean-she comes by it honestly. I am a shameless clean freak. One morning I was working away in the kitchen while she had the mop I'd left out overnight to dry. And I look over to check on her and my then-7-month-old son, and say the five words I never thought I'd say as a parent, "Isabella, don't mop your brother!" He didn't mind, and she just wanted to make sure he was sparkly. So welcome to my world!



Monday, July 4, 2011

June Goals Update

Personal Goals:
1. Add 12 new recipes to my repertoire. This month’s new recipe was “Asian BBQ Chicken.” Despite how good it sounded, neither of us liked it. This was the first recipe all year that we haven’t liked.


Physical Goals:
1. Drink 24 ounces of water a day. I had fallen off the water bandwagon, but since I’ve been having more headaches and feeling exhausted, I’ve re-committed myself to this goal.
3. Eat at least two servings of fruits and two servings of vegetables a day. Yep! Last week I bought so much fruit we had no room for anything else in the fridge!


Marriage Goals:
1. Have Bible study time with Joshua daily. We stink at this one.
2. Have a monthly date night. Check. Last month we had two! We went to a wedding one week, and then a night in the following week.


Goals for Bella:
1. More time outside. We still ride bikes quite a bit, but our newest passion is the pool. I thank God for Puddle Jumpers!
2. Develop an "others first" mentality. She has earned a few “Best Bee-havior” cards on her chore chart for this one. So pleased!

Money Goals:
1. Use my credit card to only buy gas. I am a slave to impulse buys. Since we are looking at buying a house now, we’ve re-established the cash only system. I have a bunch of lovely envelopes for each category.
2. Pay off the Hyundai.
3. Pay off at least one credit card. Joshua’s card is the next to pay off. He gets a big pay raise in July, so all the “extra” will go to that card until it’s gone! But…he started using another one, so we have an additional credit card to pay off!


Relationship Goals:

1. Get together with each small group girl at least once a month or do a Girls' Night Out with all of them. We did brunch last week, I met for a playdate with one of ladies, and we’re scheduled to do movie night.
2. Write a note of encouragement to friends and family once a month. (I know it's not very generous, and I plan to do more, but it will depend on who needs it!) I wrote three this week alone.

Reading list:

"Spiritual" list so far. I still need to add a few titles, but for now this is what I have:

  1. Don't Make Me Count to Three-Ginger Plowman. I love this book dearly. Such easy, good, biblical help in it.
  2. I Saw the Lord-Ann Graham Lotz
  3. Knowing God-J.I. Packer
  4. The Pursuit of God-A.W. Tozer I almost dropped this one because it was a slow start, but it picked up speed and was soooooo good!
  5. The Presence of God-Brother Lawrence
  6. God's Wisdom for a Mother's Heart: A Bible Study for Moms-Bobbie Wolgemuth
  7. Big Truths for Young Hearts-Bruce A. Ware
  8. A Woman After God's Own Heart-Elizabeth George (I've already read this, but it's just that good!)
  9. The Most Important Place on Earth: What a Christian Home Looks Like and How To Build One-Robert Wolgemuth. Currently reading. Love!
  10. 10 -12: Still to be determined. I hear Humility by CJ Mahaney is really good, and I'd like to get a Piper book on the list.

"Fun" list . See the first part of the list here:

I realized that I hadn’t been reading for fun! So I picked up another mystery at the library and am plowing through.


Verses memorized:

Matthew 6:19-21 (parts of it): “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth… but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven… for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Matthew 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”

Matthew 11:28-30 “Come unto me all who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

John 1:12 “But to all who received Him, who believed in His name, He gave the power to become children of God.”

John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that you might have life and have it abundantly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment