You're probably wondering about the title...my daughter Isabella loves to clean-she comes by it honestly. I am a shameless clean freak. One morning I was working away in the kitchen while she had the mop I'd left out overnight to dry. And I look over to check on her and my then-7-month-old son, and say the five words I never thought I'd say as a parent, "Isabella, don't mop your brother!" He didn't mind, and she just wanted to make sure he was sparkly. So welcome to my world!



Monday, April 2, 2012

April Goals

I'm a bit behind. At the beginning of March I came back from vacation, and then right after that we decided to remodel our kitchen, and you know what that's like-you can't do just one thing because then something else looks bad and pretty soon you're starting over. We didn't go quite that far, but I do have new counter tops, a new light fixture over the new sink, a tile backsplash, and the walls have a fresh coat of paint. Oh, and our dryer broke, so there was that.

 In looking at Money Saving Mom's goals, she lists them in numerical order from 1-10 instead of numbering each section. This keeps it manageable and I like that, so April's goals look a bit different.

Here's my progress for March:
March Goals


Personal Goals:
1. Read Love That Lasts by Gary and Betsy Ricucci and Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff. (I ditched Cleopatra and read Choosing to SEE by Mary Beth Chapman-amazing book!!! And I've picked up Too Busy Not to Pray by Bill Hybels.)
2. Make Broccoli with Walnuts and Parmesan, Kahlua Brownies. (Meh on the broccoli.)
3. Memorize Phil. 2:3-4, I John 4:4, I Tim. 2:5
4. Prep Letter of the Week curriculum for Little Man, letters E and F. (Ooops!)
5. Watch three "Entrusted With A Child's Heart" lessons. (I did one because, just when I was ready to watch two more, I realized a lady at church still had them.)


Health Goals:
Nothing for this month.


Marriage Goals:
1. Monthly date night theme: Mad Libs.(We ended up spending the evening with my husband's family-he doesn't get to see them very often.)


Mothering Goals:
1. Read a chapter book with Bella. (So.bad.with.this!)
2. Make rainbow cupcakes, tissue paper stained glass, and soap crayons and origami frogs.

Financial Goals:
1. Only use cash for personal purchases.
2. Continue to save $20 per paycheck for my perfume. I have to start all over again, but that's okay-it will be worth it! (I got the decorating bug and spent my cash on supplies to make a wreath. That's cool.)

3. Pay off one credit card. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relationship Goals:
1. Send a care package to the college student I'm "adopting" for the year.


April Goals
Personal Goals:
1. Finish reading Love That Lasts and Too Busy Not to Pray
2. Make Sesame Chicken and Tea Cakes. 
3. Memorize Ephesians 5:15-17, Hebrews 4:12.
4. Write and post five blog entries (I'd love to do three a week, but it's not happening). 

Marriage Goals:
6. Write my husband a love letter.
Mothering Goals:
7. Read Meet Kit with Isabella. 
8. Make resurrection cookies and coffee filter butterflies.
9. Print and prep Letter of the Week Curriculum for letters E and F AND G and H.
Financial Goals:
9. Not purchase anything on a credit or debit card. In looking over our budget on Mint.com, it's just not pretty.
Relationship Goals:
10. Send one more care package to the college student I've adopted for the year.

And that's it! This time I'll actually print this out so I can keep track of myself! Sometimes throughout the month I just lose track of this stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment