You're probably wondering about the title...my daughter Isabella loves to clean-she comes by it honestly. I am a shameless clean freak. One morning I was working away in the kitchen while she had the mop I'd left out overnight to dry. And I look over to check on her and my then-7-month-old son, and say the five words I never thought I'd say as a parent, "Isabella, don't mop your brother!" He didn't mind, and she just wanted to make sure he was sparkly. So welcome to my world!



Monday, December 26, 2011

2011-how was it?

Well, another year has come and gone. I looked over my 2011 goals and for my own personal satisfaction; here’s what I wanted to do and how it went:

Personal Goals:
*Read two books each month; one sacred, one secular.

Sacred List:
  1. Don't Make Me Count to Three-Ginger Plowman
  2. I Saw the Lord-Ann Graham
  3. Knowing God-J.I. Packer
  4. The Pursuit of God-A.W. Tozer
  5. The Presence of God-Brother Lawrence (Didn’t read this one.)
  6. God's Wisdom for a Mother's Heart: A Bible Study for Moms-Bobbie Wolgemuth
  7. Big Truths for Young Hearts-Bruce A. Ware (Didn’t read this one either.)
  8. A Woman After God's Own Heart-Elizabeth George (In process.)
  9. The Most Important Place on Earth: What a Christian Home Looks Like and How To Build One-Robert Wolgemuth.
  10. Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World-Joanna Weaver
  11. The Resolution for Women-Priscilla Shirer (In process.)
  12. ?? I think I missed one along the way.
Secular List:
  1. The Wednesday Letters-Jason Wright.
  2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo-Stieg Laarson.
  3. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake-Aimee Bender.
  4. Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter-Seth Grahame-Smith
  5. The Help- Kathryn Stockett
  6. Firefly Lane-Kristin Hannah
  7. One for the Money-Janet Evanovich
  8. My Name is Memory-Ann Brashares
  9. All That is Bitter and Sweet-Ashley Judd (Didn’t finish.)
  10. A Red Herring without No Mustard-Alan Bradley
  11. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie-Alan Bradley
  12. The Two Lives of Charlotte Merrywether-Alexandra Potter
  13. The Book of Tomorrow-Cecelia Ahern
  14. Left Neglected-Lisa Genova
  15. Organized Simplicity-Tsh Oxenreider
*Memorize verses and their references. There are a few I’m still sketchy on, especially toward the bottom of the list, but I’ve got about 90% of this list memorized. (Sorry it’s not in order.)
  1. John 15:5
  2. Deuteronomy 6:4-5
  3. Psalm 1:1-3
  4. Psalm 19:14
  5. Isaiah 26:3
  6. Isaiah 30:21
  7. Isaiah 55:8
  8. Matthew 6:19-21 (parts of it)
  9. Matthew 6:33
  10. Matthew 11:28-30
  11. John 1:12
  12. John 10:10
  13. John 4:24
  14. John 14:27
  15. John 16:33
  16. Romans 8:38-39
  17. Acts 4:12
  18. Psalm 90:12
  19. Psalm 51:10
  20. Psalm 118:24
  21. Psalm 119:105
  22. Proverbs 22:6
  23. Jeremiah 17:9
  24. Lamentations 3:22-23
  25. John 15:5-6
  26. I Corinthians 10:13
  27. I Corinthians 15:58
  28. II Corinthians 5:17
  29. II Corinthians 10:5
  30. II Corinthians 12:9
  31. Galatians 5:22-23
  32. Galatians 6:7
*Try 12 new recipes. I can provide recipes for any of these.
  1. Pork with Apples and Pears
  2. Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes
  3. Pork Shoulder Roast
  4. Asian Lettuce Wraps
  5. Pasta with Spinach and Bacon
  6. Asian BBQ Chicken
  7. Blueberry Boy Bait
  8. Lasagna Soup
  9. Pound Cake
  10. Crispy Southwest Asian Wraps
  11. No-Bake Energy Bites
  12. Chocolate Banana Bread
  13. Chicken Canzanese
  14. Lemon-Blueberry Cookies
  15. Apple Bread
  16. Sweet Potato Biscuits
  17. Dinner Rolls
Physical Goals:
*Workout at least 20 minutes a day, 3 days a week. Didn’t achieve this one!
*Drink 24 ounces of water a day. Did a fairly good job on this.
*Eat 2 servings of fruit and 2 servings of vegetables each day. Did so-so, but it’s gotten better.

Marriage Goals:
*Have daily Bible study time with Joshua. We started and stopped all year. Currently stopped. :o(
*Have monthly date nights. These are a non-negotiable.

Money Goals:
*Put no purchases on the credit card except gas. I fell off the bandwagon on this one in a big way.
*Pay off our Hyundai. Done! Yay!!!
*Pay off at least one credit card. We bought new windows, so we actually opened another card! We have yet to pay one off.
*Update* My husband got an extra paycheck this month, so the windows are paid off! Woohoo!

Relationship Goals:
*Get together with at least one small group girl once a month. We did a few breakfasts, went Christmas shopping, and I got together with two of them outside group.
*Write an encouraging note to someone each month. Not bad. I can’t say I wrote 12 cards, but I wrote at least one to each woman in the group.

I’ve already got my 2012 goals in mind, just need to do some small adjustments and then I’m ready to hit the ground running!

No comments:

Post a Comment