So, God and I sat down (well, I sat down. He’s already seated on the throne) and went over my goals again. I decided to give each month (and sometimes each week) its own separate goal, the whole eating and elephant one bite at a time thing. All that rambling to show this:
1. Read Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver.
2. Read All That Is Bitter and Sweet by Ashley Judd.
3. Memorize Matthew 24:35, Romans 8:38-39, and Romans 12:1-2.
4. 4Bake/cook: lemon-blueberry cookies, apple bread, sweet potato biscuits, and dinner rolls.
5. Write at least one item in my 1,000 things journal each night.
6. Have daily devotion time at least 5 days a week.
7. Take the kids outside (barring rain) at least 5 days a week.
8. Drink 1 glass of water at each meal and another during quiet time.
9. Do one family event every weekend (Joshua’s “weekends” are for three days every six days).
And that’s it. Simple. Clear. Something I can say “did it” or “didn’t do it” at the end of the month. I’m still doing the other stuff: eating more fruits and veggies, helping Bella be more others-centered, staying within my grocery budget, and using only cash to purchase things.
We’ll see how I’ve done at the end of the month!