You're probably wondering about the title...my daughter Isabella loves to clean-she comes by it honestly. I am a shameless clean freak. One morning I was working away in the kitchen while she had the mop I'd left out overnight to dry. And I look over to check on her and my then-7-month-old son, and say the five words I never thought I'd say as a parent, "Isabella, don't mop your brother!" He didn't mind, and she just wanted to make sure he was sparkly. So welcome to my world!



Thursday, April 12, 2012

Was It a Morning Like This?

Easter was exceptionally great this year. It's not my favorite holiday, but it's still fun to see the kids all spiffed up. This year Bella was old enough to understand some things, so we did the Resurrection Eggs along with reading a bit in our Storybook Bible and then we did a few crafts. Of course the kids colored Easter eggs, but I tried to keep the focus on Christ.

It was so neat to see Bella's eyes grow big as she heard the kid-friendly version of Jesus' suffering. She didn't like that part at all. But I got to tell her how excited we were for Sunday morning-around the lump in my throat and tears in my eyes, that is.

One of the crafts we did was marble painting; you drop a marble in paint, then put it in a box with some paper and roll it around. When done with multiple colors, it normally has this Jackson Pollack effect, but we used just red paint on the day we read about Jesus being whipped. It was quite stunning. Joshua wasn't sure it was a good idea because it looked like a bloody cross, but, the cross was ugly. There was nothing pretty about the blood that was shed or how it was shed. True, they were pretty sobering, but it's hard to give a watered-down version for kids.

Our Good Friday service was wonderful because Bella got to stay in there with me. We took the Lord's Supper and Bella wanted to know why she couldn't too. So exciting to whisper in her little ear that one day, when she asks Jesus into her heart, she can remember what He did on the cross through the bread and cup.

Sunday morning was, of course, jubilant! More so than I remember in years past, but maybe that's just my poor mommy memory. I greeted the sunrise with a smile. Was it a morning like this? Ryan wanted to come in with us (he so loves hearing the band practice!) so he joined us for worship. How fun it was to sing of my risen Savior while holding my son in my arms. And I wondered, Did God sings songs of joy while He held His Son that morning? Was it a morning like this? A friend who goes to Harvest Bible Chapel in Rolling Meadows, IL (the "mother ship" as we joke at church) posted this video on her Facebook page and it's too good not to share. Talk about an exciting song! Enjoy.

P.S. For some unknown, but incredibly frustrating reason, I can't insert the video I'm talking about. However, if you access www.vimeo.com you can put in code 4132066 in the search box and it will pull right up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment