You're probably wondering about the title...my daughter Isabella loves to clean-she comes by it honestly. I am a shameless clean freak. One morning I was working away in the kitchen while she had the mop I'd left out overnight to dry. And I look over to check on her and my then-7-month-old son, and say the five words I never thought I'd say as a parent, "Isabella, don't mop your brother!" He didn't mind, and she just wanted to make sure he was sparkly. So welcome to my world!



Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February/March Goals

February Goals

Personal Goals:
1. Read Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs and three stories from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. (Still working through Love and Respect.)
2. Make Pasta Carbonara with Leeks and Lemon, Spiced Lemony Brussels Sprouts, and Cream Scones.
3. Memorize Ephesians 2:10 and Colossians 1:15-17.
4. Prep Letter of the Week curriculum for Little Man, letters Cand D.


Health Goals:
1. This is more of a "mental health" goal. My goal is to spend time on ME each week in the form of spa stuff either Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. I know that spending those few minutes with a mask on, or doing my hands or feet will make me a much happier mommy.


Marriage Goals:
1. Do at least three cute Valentine's Day ideas (we don't normally make a big whoop out of it).
2. Monthly date night theme: Bella Notte.


Mothering Goals:
1. Do school with Isabella each week. (We went to a meeting for her kindergarten in the fall and it's fired me up to get her as ready as possible.)
2. Go outside at least three days a week with ideas from this book. (Made it out maybe once a week, twice a week tops.)
4. Make valentines, tissue paper stained glass, and soap crayons.

Financial Goals:
1. Only use cash for personal purchases.
2. Continue to save $20 per paycheck for splurging; I just scored some tall size end-of-the-season clothes from Eddie Bauer, so that takes $40 from my perfume fund! (Bought some cute jewelry!)

3. Pay off one credit card. (We had to replace our microwave, so there's that.)

Relationship Goals:
1. Go for cupcakes with my girlfriend-woohoo! (We planned it, then forgot to actually meet!)

March Goals


Personal Goals:
1. Read Love That Lasts by Gary and Betsy Ricucci and Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff. 
2. Make Broccoli with Walnuts and Parmesan, Kahlua Brownies.
3. Memorize Phil. 2:3-4, I John 4:4, I Tim. 2:5
4. Prep Letter of the Week curriculum for Little Man, letters E and F.
5. Watch three "Entrusted With A Child's Heart" lessons.


Health Goals:
Nothing for this month. 


Marriage Goals:
1. Monthly date night theme: Mad Libs.


Mothering Goals:
1. Read a chapter book with Bella.
2. Make rainbow cupcakes, tissue paper stained glass, and soap crayons and origami frogs.

Financial Goals:
1. Only use cash for personal purchases.
2. Continue to save $20 per paycheck for my perfume. I have to start all over again, but that's okay-it will be worth it!

3. Pay off one credit card.

Relationship Goals:
1. Send a care package to the college student I'm "adopting" for the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment