You're probably wondering about the title...my daughter Isabella loves to clean-she comes by it honestly. I am a shameless clean freak. One morning I was working away in the kitchen while she had the mop I'd left out overnight to dry. And I look over to check on her and my then-7-month-old son, and say the five words I never thought I'd say as a parent, "Isabella, don't mop your brother!" He didn't mind, and she just wanted to make sure he was sparkly. So welcome to my world!



Monday, March 28, 2011

May Goals Update

Personal Goals:
1. Add 12 new recipes to my repertoire. On track! Last month was pasta with bacon and spinach. A really easy recipe that Joshua absolutely loved. Yay!


Physical Goals:
1. Work out at least 20 minutes, three days a week.
There is no way I can do this. My two hours of quiet time while the kids sleep is eaten up in a million other ways.
2. Drink 24 ounces of water a day. On it.
3. Eat at least two servings of fruits and two servings of vegetables a day. Doing better now that summer is here and fruits are everywhere!


Marriage Goals:
1. Have Bible study time with Joshua daily. We will start again on Friday.
2. Have a monthly date night. Check. We had two last month because we were in Missouri visiting my folks. One was just a movie night, the other was dinner out and a GOOD conversation.

Goals for Bella:
1. More time outside. We were on the Slip N Slide yesterday and today is a bike ride!
2. Develop an "others first" mentality. She has made some strides in this area and I'm very pleased.

Money Goals:
1. Use my credit card to only buy gas. Totally blew it last month. We were on vacation and went way overboard.
2. Pay off the Hyundai.

3. Pay off at least one credit card. Joshua's card is the next to pay off. He gets a big pay raise in July, so all the "extra" will go to that card until it's gone!


Relationship Goals:

1. Get together with each small group girl at least once a month or do a Girls' Night Out with all of them. SO bad on this one! We are trying to schedule brunch this month.
2. Write a note of encouragement to friends and family once a month. (I know it's not very generous, and I plan to do more, but it will depend on who needs it!) I sent a few which were well received.

Reading list:

"Spiritual" list so far. I still need to add a few titles, but for now this is what I have:

  1. Don't Make Me Count to Three-Ginger Plowman. I love this book dearly. Such easy, good, biblical help in it.
  2. I Saw the Lord-Ann Graham Lotz
  3. Knowing God-J.I. Packer
  4. The Pursuit of God-A.W. Tozer
  5. The Presence of God-Brother Lawrence
  6. God's Wisdom for a Mother's Heart: A Bible Study for Moms-Bobbie Wolgemuth
  7. Big Truths for Young Hearts-Bruce A. Ware
  8. A Woman After God's Own Heart-Elizabeth George (I've already read this, but it's just that good!)
  9. The Most Important Place on Earth: What a Christian Home Looks Like and How To Build One-Robert Wolgemuth. (I found this while searching on Amazon for #6. We did their Most Important Year books for premarital counseling and they were fabulous. I'm excited to read both of their books!
  10. 10 -12: Still to be determined. I hear Humility by CJ Mahaney is really good, and I'd like to get a Piper book on the list.

"Fun" list . See the first part of the list here:

7. Firefly Lane-Kristin Hannah. LOVED this book. I read it in March while in Missouri (I'm catching myself up on my list) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

8. The Two Lives of Charlotte Merrywether-Alexandra Potter This was a cute read: a woman has the chance to "meet" her younger self and possibly change the course of her life. I didn't care for the ending, but it was a cute read and though provoking.

9. The Book of Tomorrow-Cecelia Ahern Tamara finds a book that tells her what's going to happen tomorrow, and she changes her days around. It had an unexpected twist toward the end. I enjoyed how her character changed throughout the story.

10. My Name is Memory-Ann Brashares Didn't want to put it down! Daniel is reincarnated, but can remember his past lives, particularly his epic love of Sophia. Spanning several centuries, it's a Twilight kind of eternal love story. At first I didn't like the ending, but the more I thought about it, the happier I was with it. I didn't care for the language (some cursing and the Lord's name in vain) but the story is well worth skimming a few words!

 
 

Verses memorized:

Isaiah 30:21 "And your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left."

Isaiah 55:8 "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord."

Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately sick; who can understand it?"

Lamentations 3:22-23 "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."

Nahum 1:7 "The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows those who take refuge in Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment