You're probably wondering about the title...my daughter Isabella loves to clean-she comes by it honestly. I am a shameless clean freak. One morning I was working away in the kitchen while she had the mop I'd left out overnight to dry. And I look over to check on her and my then-7-month-old son, and say the five words I never thought I'd say as a parent, "Isabella, don't mop your brother!" He didn't mind, and she just wanted to make sure he was sparkly. So welcome to my world!



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My girl cracks me up

My daughter is chronologically 3, but mentally and verbally a 6.5. We left Bible study this morning and so I started the drill on the ride home:
"Did you have fun today?"
"Not so much." (Seriously, where does she get this stuff?)
"I heard you singing. What songs did you sing?"
"'Jesus Loves Me' and 'Mary Had A Little Lamb.' They did that one wrong." I'm not sure how you mess up "Mary Had A Little Lamb" but I wasn't about to open that can of worms all over my clean car. The things she says...I could write a book. It would, of course, be called Don't Mop Your Brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment