You're probably wondering about the title...my daughter Isabella loves to clean-she comes by it honestly. I am a shameless clean freak. One morning I was working away in the kitchen while she had the mop I'd left out overnight to dry. And I look over to check on her and my then-7-month-old son, and say the five words I never thought I'd say as a parent, "Isabella, don't mop your brother!" He didn't mind, and she just wanted to make sure he was sparkly. So welcome to my world!



Friday, October 29, 2010

Mommy Exercise

So, not every post on here has to be a deep, meaty spiritual one. I had stepped on the Wii for the first time in several months a little while. I felt guilty that I hadn't been more regular with this. I mean, I'm a stay at home mom! In the world's eyes, I've got all the time in the world! I sit around and watch soaps and eat bonbons! But I started thinking about all the exercise I get in a random day and thought I'd keep an "exercise log" of sorts. Here, you'll see what I mean:

Speed walking: Otherwise known as running all over the house looking for the cooking utensil I need at that minute, because Ryan has taken them as a walking stick to some other part of our home.
Toe touches: Actually, bending over to pick up the random socks all over our floor. For some reason, none of the other three in my family are able to keep them on for over an hour.

Arm circles: Running the sponge along the inside of the sink to remove the day's gunk.The chair: An exercise for thighs where you start to sit down (to do any activity on the computer) and your kids fell/are fighting/need a sippy cup/are too quiet and you have to get back up again before having your seat actually touch the chair's seat.
Leg raises: Stepping high amongst the mess on the floor because 1)you expect your kids to pick it up and 2)you largely deny its existence (then again, so do they).
Calf raises: Standing on your tippy toes several times a week to reach the pretzels needed for afternoon snack time.
Arm extensions and waist bends: This is a two-part exercise. Part one consists of extending the arms over and over to pull out sippy cups; part two is bending in half to lift the gallon of milk from the fridge. (A fridge-on-bottom for a six-foot tall woman? Seriously. My next fridge will be a side-by-side and possibly on risers!!)

Whew! I'm tired just thinking about all that exercise! Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to grab my bonbons-my soap is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment